Thursday, January 26, 2012

Brain Injury =Vegan

I'm tempted to make the joke that I'm vegan because I have a serious head injury.            Bada Bah!
Get it???
<grin>

That wouldn't exactly be inaccurate...but I didn't wake from the coma and decide, then and there, to stop eating animals and their secretions.
My vegan path began with reading Skinny Bitch. (More details here.)
I started for selfish reasons. I wanted to lose weight and get healthy. I mean, good reasons, but all about me.
I stay vegan for ethics. Because it's the right thing to do.
Because taste doesn't trump ethics.

I hear rape is a pleasurable and satisfying activity for many people too . . .


My brain was slowly recovering from the injury as I began researching more and more.
It literally felt like the lights turned on in my brain. Like I'd been living in a dark cave for the first 28 years of my life and someone had somehow let the sun in.
I've heard this same truth from other vegans and I doubt that many of these vegans have brains that were also damaged.
As I obsessively researched, I discovered that a vegan diet can be very healthy. Provided I'm eating real, whole food, like fruits, vegetables, legumes, grains, nuts and seeds, and not just eating junk like Sweet Chili Heat Doritos, Oreos, and Coke.

I discovered that a vegan diet benefits my health, it's really good for the nonhuman animals, and it's great for the planet.
                             Kind of a no-brainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment