Thursday, February 2, 2012

Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar

Holy YUM!
I have several of Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero's cookbooks, and they're all really delicious! Okay, not the books themselves, I haven't tasted them, but the recipes!
Mwah!
Simple instructions(which is important to me and my brain injury), and fairly common ingredients. Although only recently have all of the ingredients been easy to find...so that's AWESOME!

Yeah mainstreaming veganism!


The book starts with 'Cookie Science', which goes over the different ingredients we may not be familiar with(such as sucanat and brown rice syrup), tools, substituting and troubleshooting.

I have to mention that I love their writing style!
Reading over the instructions is like baking with a friend. You know, that fun, but annoying friend that seems to know how to make everything(bitches!).

Then there are the recipes. Wow. There's a lot.
Nice variety of different types of cookies. There's(and these are just the categories) drop cookies, wholesome cookies, bar cookies, fancy cookies, and sliced & rolled cookies.

I've had this book since mid-September 2010, according to amazon.ca, and I have made a couple recip, okay several recipes.
You can really tell where my heart lies(chocolate & peanut butter). Boy howdy, I love that stuff!
I have made:
  • Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Chocolate Fudgy Oatmeal Cookies
  • Chocolaty Crinkle Cookies
  • Peanut Apple Pretzel Drops
  • Peanut Butter Crisscrosses
  • Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Caramel Pecan Bars
  • Peanut Butter Blondies
  • Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Brownies
  • Peanut Butter Chocolate Pillows
  • Chocolate Chip Chai Spice Shortbread
  • Roll-And-Cut Sugar Cookies
  • Chocolate Cut-Out Cookies
  • Gingerbread Cut-Out Cookies
  • Swedish Chocolate Balls

    All really good!! 

    I completely recommend this book to any cookie-lover, vegan or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment