Thursday, December 1, 2011

Recovery Timeline

My sad little Echo Hatchback
Saturday, December 5, 2009-car collision

Monday, December 7, 2009
-Mallory and Renee got a guest book for my hospital visitors to sign and write messages to me

Wednesday, December 9, 2009
-Tracheotomy put in

Saturday, December 12, 2009
-waking from the coma, eyes not open yet. Anniversary of my older sister's death! (on December 8th, my mom predicted this is when I would wake! How exciting is that?!?)
No tracheotomy yet

Sunday, December 13, 2009
-opened my eyes!

Monday, December 14, 2009
-sign language to my sister that she has bad coffee breath! I stood in physio.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009
-IV is removed, I continue to try to pull the feeding tube from my nose(I hear this was a big problem with all of my tubes, I had to be strapped down)


Wednesday, December 16, 2009-bit my mom's
hand. (She tried to keep me from pulling out    my various tubes) Introduced pureed food!
Trach in throat, feeding tube in nose
                                            Swallowing test to see if I can drink some thick liquid, and no more catheter!

Thursday, December 17, 2009
-no more feeding tube! Just pureed food and thickened liquid!



Friday, December 18, 2009-I started to take out the trach, so they had to remove it :] My first words after the trach was removed was 'butterscotch' and then I said, 'it's gross.'(That was clearly not me! I love butterscotch!)

Saturday, December 19, 2009
-Greeted my mom with, "Good morning, Mom. How are you?"


Sunday, December 20, 2009-Chaos came to see me!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009-another swallowing test! Now I can have minced food. Practiced stairs at physiotherapy in case I  was going home for Christmas!

Monday, December 21, 2009
-transferred to Wascana Rehabilitation Centre. Unit Two on the 3rd floor 
                                                            Wednesday, December 23, 2009-Going home for Christmas! Troy    and I stayed over at my parents house.
Sitting up, still tired

Monday, January 4, 2010
-off all medications!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010
-get eyes checked, new glasses prescription and maybe a prism.

Monday, January 11, 2010
-new glasses and a prism

Wednesday, January 20, 2010
-returned to belly dance rehearsal!(See! A month and a half off dance after a coma is not bad! Not bad at all!)

Thursday, January 24, 2010
-first time left at home alone for 2 hours!


Monday, January 25, 2010-SNOW DAY!!! First one ever! I've never had a snow 
day! It was awesome!


Wednesday, January 27, 2010-tried drawing, takes way longer now.

Thursday, January 28, 2010
-balance test-again!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010
-I'm officially an out-patient! Therapies 3 times a week rather than 5.

Monday, February 8, 2010-appt with Opthamologist re:dual vision

Sunday, February 28, 2010-Sewed on my sewing machine! I remembered how to thread the machine!!

Tuesday, March 2, 2010
-get a prism for my glasses

Saturday, March 20, 2010-My first performance after the crash! It went alright, considering, but I did it!!

Monday, April 19, 2010-no more diplopia!

May 2010-
bought and read Skinny Bitch, start to slowly transition to veganism

Tuesday, June 22 & 23, 2010-My first neuro-psychological assessment! Two days long, that's right! Apparently, they found I wasn't faking the brain injury! People fake this?!

Wednesday, June 29, 2010-last day of therapies at Wascana Rehab!


Saturday, September 12, 2010-I'm officially vegan!

No comments:

Post a Comment